Canon MX490 is a wireless office all-in-one printer that prints black and white pages with a speed of up to 8.8 IPM (images per minute) and color images with a speed of up to 4.4 IPM. The in-built ADF feature of Pixma MX490 has a capacity of up to 20 sheets to print large-size documents seamlessly.
The Canon MX490 printer is highly compatible with Mac and Windows PC versions. If you are a Mac user looking to install Canon MX490 printer on Mac, this blog might be important for you. In this blog post, we have provided the easy steps that you can follow to install the printer. So, stay glued and read this post till the end.
How to Install Canon MX490 Printer Driver on your Mac PC?
Let’s look at the steps to install the Canon printer driver on your Mac laptop.
- First, on your Mac device, run a compatible web browser, type “usa.canon.com” in the search box, and press the enter button.
- Now, on the official website of Canon, type Pixma-MX490 in the search box.
- Under the drop-down list, click on the canon printer MX 490, which will redirect you to the official product page.
- Click on the “Software and Drivers” option and select your Mac’s operating system and version.
- After that, the most recommended printer driver file will appear at the top of the list.
- Click on the “Download” option, and the downloading process will commence on your screen.
- Once the downloading ends, then open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver on your PC.
Easy Methods to Connect Canon MX490 Printer With Mac
Let’s look at the different methods you can follow to connect the Canon MX490 printer with Mac.
Method 1. With USB Cable
This method is one of the simplest and basic methods you follow easily to connect the printer with Mac. For this process, you must use a high-quality USB cable for connection.
Below are the steps you can follow to connect the Canon MX490 printer on a Mac with the help of a USB cable.
- First of all, turn on your Canon printer and Mac device.
- Thereon, take out a high-quality USB cable and attach one end of the cable to the printer and another end to the Mac device.
- Now, wait for a few seconds till the system establishes a connection on the desktop, and then click on the “Preferences” option.
- The next step is to click on the “Add Printer” option.
- Now, your Mac device will automatically start searching for the available printers.
- After that, from the list of available printers, click on the Canon MX490 printer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process of the Canon MX490 printer on your Mac device.
You have successfully connected the Canon MX490 printer with Mac through a USB cable by performing the steps mentioned above.
Method 2. Through Wireless Connection
Let’s look at the steps you can execute to install the Canon MX490 printer on Mac with wireless connectivity.
- First, make sure that the printer and Mac laptop are turned on.
- Now, press the wireless network button on your Canon printer.
- Connect the printer to your wireless network and ensure the internet works properly.
- After that, on your Mac, go to the settings> Preferences.
- Now, click on the “Add Printer” option.
- Under the list of available printers, click on your Canon printer device name and the “Next” option.
- Now, keep following the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless installation process.
After performing the above steps, you successfully installed the Canon printer on your Mac device.
In this blog post, we have provided you with authentic and relevant information about how to install the Canon MX490 printer on Mac. You can easily follow the above-mentioned steps to complete the installation process. If you have any problem related to the topic, you can reach out to us through the chat box.
You can also get your query resolved by mailing us . Our printer experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to resolve your query.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to reset the Canon MX490 printer?
A: Here are the steps you can follow to reset the Canon MX490 printer.
- Firstly, press the setup button on your Canon printer.
- Thereon, press the right arrow button, and then the device settings will be open.
- Here, press the “OK” option and again press the right arrow button to reset the settings.
- After that, press the “OK” option and the left arrow button to select the “Yes” option.
- At last, reset the settings by pressing the “OK” option.
2. Why is the Canon MX490 printer not printing?
A: If your Canon MX490 is not printing, you must ensure that the USB cable is tightly connected to both devices.
3. Why does my Canon printer MX490 not respond?
A: The main reason why the Canon printer is not responding is using an outdated or incompatible driver for your printer. You must update the printer driver to the latest release in that scenario.