How to Connect Canon Wireless Printer to Laptop?
- September 14, 2021
Suppose you are looking for solutions to connect your Canon printer to Laptops, below are given results for it. Either you wish to connect your Canon printer through a wireless or wired connection, learn about how to connect your ij.start.canon after reading this write-up.
You require a printer for your official work or high school project. Whenever you couple Canon printer to your laptop, you can resolve things quickly and easily. Once the affixed the connection, you are now prepared to take a printout of your gifs, documents, projects, or anything else.
What Are the Methods to Couple Canon Printer to Laptop?
Suppose your Canon is recognized for different types of printers which include Canon Pixma mx490, Canon mx922, Canon LBP 2900, the installation method to configure the printer to a laptop involving the same steps. If you wish to learn how to couple a Canon printer to a laptop, follow the points that are given below.
Let’s go through few methods to connect Canon printer to laptop.
- Start to switch off your printer and take out a USB cable. Plug one end of the USB cable to the USB port of the printer and the other end on your system
- Keep Canon printer’s installation CD in the laptop or system’s optical drive
- Press cancel on the next message of the New Hardware Wizard
- Once the CD has completed loading, go through on-screen tips. Suppose your CD is not running the process smoothly, press Start, move to your system and do a double-click on the CD/DVD icon to find the CD’s content. Now, do a double-click on setup.exe and activate the program. Let the drivers is established.
- Switch on the printer only when the connected printer appears on your computer screen. Do the following prompts.
- Press Exit once the wizard is completed.
The above steps will explain to you how to couple your ij.start.cannon printer to the laptop after installing device drivers. Suppose you don’t have an installation CD for any reason, go to the official Canon website to download the drivers.
What Are the Methods to Affix Canon Printer to Laptop With USB Cable?
Let’s maintain the communication between the two ends by coupling a Canon printer to the laptop using a USB cable.
- Switch off your Canon printer
- Plug USB cable at one end of the printer and other to the laptop
- Switch on the printer
- Now, press the Windows Start button and move to the Control panel. Press on hardware and sound, then devices and printer, then add a printer and local printer. Choose the printer port for the essential connection.
- Navigate the Canon printer option in the driver window and choose the printer’s model. Like you wish to connect a Canon Pixma MX490 printer to a laptop, choose the name.
- Choose next after providing the printer a recognized name
- Choose next if you want to share the printer with other devices
- Decide if you want to configure the printer as a default. Choose next.
What Are the Methods to Connect Canon Printer to Laptop Wirelessly
Wi-Fi-protected set-up can be completed if you have a printer’s model of the same facility. Keep in mind that the connectivity point must have a WPS button. Additionally, the network must be using a WPA security protocol.
- Switch on your printer. Click and grip the wireless button on your printer’s top till the lamp lights-up
- The light available beside the Wi-Fi button is blinking blue. Now, move to the connection point and click the WPS button within two minutes.
As the connection is established between laptop and printer, blinking of Wi-Fi light and the connection will stop suddenly. It shows how to couple the Canon printer to the laptop using the wireless connection.